Want to know what’s top of mind with today’s top marketers? At Paladin, we keep a pulse on what’s trending in marketing and advertising by listening to the leaders through local events, online webinars, top industry pubs, Twitter, blogs and other social channels.
Recently, a fellow board member of a local marketing group sent a quick email request asking “What new or ‘go-to’ marketing book is on your desk?” I thought I would share some of the responses from this influential group of senior marketers, along with a few of my personal favorites, too.
- “Marketing Metaphoria: What Deep Metaphors Reveal About the Minds of Consumers” by Gerald Zaltman and Lindsay H. Zaltman
- “The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains” by Nicholas Barr
- “The Ultimate Question” by Fred Reicheld
- Ocean Strategy: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make Competition Irrelevant” by W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne
- “Rocket Surgery Made Easy: The Do-It-Yourself Guide to Finding and Fixing Usability Problems” by Steve Krug
- “The Dragonfly Effect: Quick, Effective, Powerful Ways to Drive Social Change” by Jennifer Aaker and Andy Smith
- “Customer Service: New Rules for a Social Media World” by Peter Shankman
I’m also looking forward to Guy Kawasaki’s latest book: “Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions” due out in March and already receiving rave reviews from marketing experts with advance copies.
We thought it would be interesting to open this up to the Paladin community to compile a list to share next month. Please click below and tell us the latest or greatest marketing or creative book in your library and we’ll share the results next month.