With the recent release of Adobe’s newest Creative Suite, CS6, graphic design professionals are being pressured to increase their skills in order to stay competitive. According to LinkedIn, the demand for “Graphic Design” as an overall industry “Skill and Expertise” category has increased 8% since 2011. The increase for this growing skill set proves the imperativeness for creative professionals to stay up on emerging, in-demand trends. Now, more than ever, it is vital for candidates to recognize the hottest skills, and for companies to capitalize on the top professionals that possess these talents.
Adobes has led the way in innovative design and creative software for years, dictating the skills that the top Creative and Marketing firms desire. Originally launched on April 23, 2012 in San Francisco, CS6 offers a full-priced download ($1,299.00) as well as a much more affordable Creative Cloud Package. This subscription service offers users the option to purchase the entire suite for a monthly fee of $49.99 ($19.99 for students.) This incredible cloud offering perfects the ease-of-use for creative professionals while managing to also improve the technological capabilities of the program. This revolutionary product is predicted to drastically increase the number of Adobe users. The price and accessibility of the CS6 product increases the percentage of professionals that will invest in improving their skill sets to include all CS6 service offerings.
The prolific use of Cloud Computing, within recent years, has increased a sense of collaboration and community within the design industry. The adaptation to include mobile and tablet devices within the creative services realm has expanded the accessibility and user base of these products. This trend is not only increasing the sheer volume of professionals possessing these skills, but also creates a rising demand for these types of services. Due to this overlaying trend, Creative and Marketing firms are predicted to see a rise in creative and marketing candidates that possess “Adobe CS6″ as an advertised skill set. This proficiency will continue to be seen, not as a recommended differentiator, but essential to both creative agencies and staffing firms.
It is imperative for hiring managers to acknowledge and understand the most impressive and trending candidate skills - including the knowledge of CS6. The new Adobe CS6 Creative Suite includes 14 different applications in a combination of four distinct packages - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection. The packages feature multiple additions and improvements to the set of programs, including:
- Global Performance Cache: Ability to perform faster and more responsive functions by taking full advantage of your computer’s hardware
- 3D Camera Tracker: Capability to analyze 2D footage’s position, orientation and field of view in order to create 3D layers of illustration
- Fully ray-traced, extruded text and shapes: Allows simple design of geometric text and shape layers in 3D space
- Variable Mask Feathering: Features more precise tools in order to illustrate more realistic, moving objects
- Rolling Shutter Repair: Includes over 80 new and updated built-in effects to automatically repair shutter elements in video footage
- Pro Import After Effects: Allows users to easily import and edit After Effects into a variety of programs
- Improved mocha AE Workflow: Provides advanced planar tracking and rotoscoping tools
- Photoshop and Illustrator Integration: Progressive technology to continue integrating illustrator’s tools to produce seamless logos, text layouts and other graphics
A recent Adobe press release states, “Adobe Creative Suite 6 delivers a whole new experience for digital media creation, enabling you to work lightening fast and reach audiences wherever they may be. Creative Cloud will act as a digital hug allowing users to download and install every Adobe Creative Suite 6 application, to access online services for file sharing, collaboration and publishing, and to have direct access to new apps and features as soon as they are released.”